2/8/09

ARTIST GOALS FOR 2009

I have decided, if I put it out there, I am therefore accountable. I have become to believe if you either visualize your goals, or you write them down, you have a much better chance of making them happen. So - this is my first step in achieving my goals.
I took a class from Alyson Stanfield, "Blast Off" - which deal wtih much of this. I am also involved in an Art Marketing Salon, and we meet every two weeks and have specific things to achieve between meetings. So - here goes


1. I want to be self-sufficient on my artwork so I can retire earlier than originally planned.
2. Solo Show in a gallery within the next 15 months
3. Submit to juried festivals, and be accepted in a minimum of 10 of them a year
4. Look for alternative places to show my work, places where they will be purchased.
5. Get marketing material organized and always have it ready to go.
6. Print a line of cards to sell at festivals
7. Grow a mailing list - to 300+ active people
8. Learn how to put together a newsletter that looks professional and is interesting to read - sent 4x a year minimum
9. Write on my blog a minimum of 1x
10. Grow my network of artists - get more involved with the AAC and the WCAGA
11. Acceptance into a national juried show
12. take a monday off a month at a minimum to devote 100% to art endeavors
13. Learn more about blogging
14. Update website a minimum of 2x a year - more often if needed
15. Read about art and artists - go to galleries - go to museums

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If JMW Turner is truly one of your favorite artists, please consider organizing a fundraiser for The Turner Museum
www.turnermuseum.org which for example is looking for a $500 matching gift to help underwrite the latest show JMW TURNER IN ITALY in honor of the National Galleries of Scotland's exciting new touring show TURNER IN ITALY, starting in March in Italy, then touring other countries like Magyarland {Budapest]
Douglass Montrose-Graem,Founder/Director
The Turner Musuem