5/21/09

ART HAPPENINGS IN ATLANTA OVER MEMORIÅL DAY WEEKEND

I am considering beginning a weekly series of blogs about the art happenings in Atlanta. I'm beginning with a weekend that is jammed packed with events. Here goes:
Friday 5/22
Decatur Art Stroll; 5-10p downtown Decatur (I will be at the Decatur Market and Gallery!)
SYNTHESIS: A Delicious Fine Arts Soup: Recent works from 14 fine art majors at SCAD. ONE NIGHT ONLY. 6-9p
final show at Gallery 709, 709 Myrtle Street
CIVIC REMEDIES - new works from Tokyo by Scott Silvey at Whitespace, 7-10p
AYANO THESIS SHOW "Centimeters to Japan", 7-9p, Naomi Silva Gallery, Tula Arts Center, 75 Bennett Street
Shannon L. Clark COMBAT, Tula Arts Center, 75 Bennett Street, 7-9p
Castleberry Art Stroll; 7-10p

Saturday 5/23
Mark Wentzel discusses his installation on Moral Hazards at the THE CONTEMPORARY
POLAROIDLAND, The Mint Gallery, 8-11p


FESTIVALS

DECATUR ARTS FESTIVAL
MONDOHOMO
AMERICAN INDIAN FESTIVAL
ATLANTA CARIBBEAN FESTIVÅL
ATLANTA JAZZ FESTIVAL

2 comments:

M.Castaneda Oil Portraits Fine Art Paintings said...

Vicki,

I think this is a great idea, and time saver for folks in your area, and actually everywhere.

Let's me know I can check your blog for events in your area when I visit Atlanta.

Also wanted to thank you for your comment on my blog.

Continued success my blog mate!

Magdalena Adrian

Vickie said...

Magdalena - do you get to Atlanta? definitely let me know and I'll point you in the right direction! I try to get to NY 1x a year!