8/16/09

ART EVENTS



I had a goal to get my artwork out and noticed. Now that I look at this list I can honestly say I have am pretty sure I have achieved that goal
.
WHERE MY ART IS CURRENTLY:
Emerging Art Scene, located in the Stacks in Cabbagetown in Atlanta. Sign up to be part of the group on Facebook, because there is always something going on.
Michael Joseph Gallery, located in Ft. Lauderedate, through 8/31 - The show is celebrating 100 artists.
Hartsfield Jackson International Airport, the Canvas Project with the Arthouse Coop

COMING UP

Artlanta Art Festival, September 12-13. I will be demonstrating the art of collage in Piedmont Park, details to follow. I'm very excited about this opportunity and I hope some of my collage friends will stop by and help me demonstrate.

East Atlanta Strut on September 19th, This is one of the funkier parts of Atlanta, so come and enjoy the day!

Alliance Theatre - September 23-27. The 2009-2010 season's opener is "Come Fly Me To The Moon", with vocals by Frank Sinatra and dance by Twyla Tharp. I have been given the opportunity of setting up my work prior to the performances the opening week of the show. I will be in the lobby an hour prior to the show and during the intermission.

October - the Atlanta Collage Society is having a group show at the Georgia Perimeter College. Details to follow. However, it is important to note the National Collage Society will be held at Mason Murer Gallery in the month of Novembert, so look for alot of collage events around town in October and November.

Chastain Park Art Festival - October 17 and 18th
Because I know the promoters of this event, I expect this to be a high quality professional art festival.

December - The Atlanta Collage Society will be having a group show at Quinlan Art Center in Gainesville. I am excited about being part of a show in such a prestigious venue.

December - Winter Solstice, group show of the Shadowline Artist Group at the Limelight Gallery in Binders in Atlanta. We began as a critique group and have been together since 2004. This is our first group show in a couple of years!

THINGS NOT CONFIRMED:

Oakhurst Art Festival October 10th
Cabbagetown Chomp and Stomp - November 7th
Terrific Thursdays in Decatur in November and December.

No comments: