5/30/12

NEXT PROJECT

THE TARA PROJECT


Cherry Blossom
An example of the type of work available for purchase at the event.
I am looking forward to participating in the upcoming fundraiser for THE TARA PROJECT.  The organizer of the event, Amy Callis, saw my work at the Telephone Factory Art Show  and asked me to participate. I am honored to participate in this event!


Vessel of Prosperity, 20x24 canvas
To Be Auctioned!


This fundraiser, known as Hand Heart Harambe, takes place on Saturday, June 9th at 7P.  There will be 50 artists participating by invitation only.  All money raised will build a pharmacy in Kenya.  It is just $20 to go to this event, and you get access to an open bar, gourmet food, live music and art!   What a deal!!!!   


I think the admission is very reasonable!  I will have several of my "dresses" available for purchase, and a percentage of the sales going to build the pharmacy!!!   I will post some photographs later this week of some pieces that I did expressly for this event.


By the way, Harambe is Swahili for a party with family and friends that raises money to lift families out of poverty.


Where will it take place?    568 Somerset Place, Atlanta, Ga.  30306, located off North Avenue near Freedom Parkway!  


Hope to see you there!











No comments: